Tuesday 18 November 2014

Hi there.

Hi folks!

It seems it's been a while since anyone has posted here so I thought I would write a little something and introduce myself. I'm David, Simon's brother and new fellow Troopie. 

Sadly Simon, (my brother and video game mastermind) passed away back in June from cancer and has left many of the projects he was working on unfinished. We're all deeply saddened by the loss of Simon as he was loved by all, unboundedly creative, was a fantastic brother and friend and just a good laugh to be around. He did fortunately however, pave the way for many future projects and we intend to keep his torch burning.

Recently I've met with Andrew, the brilliant and accomplished artist behind the series and was asked if I would help pick up where Simon left off and deliver a game he could be thoroughly proud of. While neither of us are Speccy programmers and have revisited the design of GT2 and are excited to make some announcements shortly! Progress is looking like it's stepped up a gear since the boys are no longer screaming over spectrum limitations and we are pleased to say we're pushing Gloop Troops forward a few years - but - not many! Fear not Retro junkies! 

Since I come from a background of console music production, one of the first things I've been exploring is getting GT2's soundtrack up to par and early tracks are sounding promising! We're both fired up and ready to go, and we're confident this is going to be an epic title in honor of Simon.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment