* 128k Spectrum - by targeting this machine we'll be massively increasing the amount of RAM we'll have to play with! There looks to be a bit of a learning curve on using memory pages effectively which hopefully won't throw us off too much.
* Music - we had problems getting music into the original game, targeting the 128 and getting some AY music in should solve this brilliantly.
* Bosses! We wanted to have an end boss originally but in the end dropped it. It'll be great to go back to this idea and maybe have a few bosses every few levels?
* Power ups - Always a blast to collect in any game and missing from the original. We'll have to think up something fun for these :-)
* Cut scenes - We had 2 levels in Gloop Troops where we displayed some text above the action. We'd love to work on this more and have some more personality to the characters!
* High score table - Missing from the original, we only displayed a single high score. Having a high score table will hopefully add to the competitive nature of the game.
* More enemy types - there were a few enemies dropped from the original due to time and memory restraints. That shouldn't be a problem any more :-)
First up for coding will be the music system...